22/05/20 – May Bank Holiday (Monday)
The website will remain open for orders 24 hours a day as normal over the bank holiday, however, customer support will be limited on Monday 25th May. If you have any issues, please email us on
|Date||Day||Website||Customer Support (via email and phone)|
|May 22nd||Friday||Open 24 hours as normal||Open as normal|
|May 23rd||Saturday||Open 24 hours as normal||Limited customer support|
|May 24th||Sunday||Open 24 hours as normal||Limited customer support|
|May 25th||Monday||Open 24 hours as normal||Limited customer support|
29/04/20 – Sell Back Resumed
Thank you for your patience. After reviewing our sell back procedures we are now able to resume customer sell backs by post.
As normal, please get in touch directly with our customer service team to book in you sell order. Please note, parcels and payments may take longer than usual to process, payment may take up to 7 days from the day we receive your items.
Our trade counter for customers looking to sell in person will remain closed for visitors until further notice.
Founder & Managing Director
15/04/20 – Dispatch Resumed
As a result of lots of hard work from our team and our delivery partners, we are very pleased to announce that we are now able to resume dispatching orders. We have had to make significant changes to our processes and procedures to ensure that orders can be dispatched whilst protecting both our employees and the wider community.
- Existing ‘deferred delivery’ orders – All orders placed since 17/03/2020 for ‘deferred delivery’ will be dispatched from today onward and we expect to clear the backlog within the next 4 weeks. Our team will be working hard to dispatch orders as quickly as possible. We are unable to prioritise orders as it will impact on our ability to dispatch as efficiently as possible. As normal, you will receive an email informing you that your order has been dispatched, your tracking number will also be included if your order is over £250.
- New orders – For new orders placed from today (15/04/2020) we expect to dispatch them in the next 2 to 4 weeks.
We will do our very best to meet these forecasts but will keep them under continual review and keep you informed of any changes. We are, as ever, committed to providing the best service that we can, even during these unprecedented times.
We appreciate your patience and support whilst we work through this.
Founder & Managing Director
07/04/20 - Coronavirus Update - A message to our customers
We have always been committed to providing our customers with the best service we possibly can. However, due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the impact of the coronavirus, we have been presented with a number of challenges which have directly impacted the way we usually operate.
Our team have been working hard to secure as much stock as possible. However, due to the extremely high demand for physical bullion globally, there are many products that are currently out of stock and some premiums are higher than usual. Unlike many of our competitors we are not taking any orders for products that we do not currently have.
I would like to reiterate that any products that are displayed as 'In Stock' are our physical stock in UK vaults. This means that stock is allocated to customers orders as soon as an order is placed. I feel this is an extremely important factor for many of our customers, especially at a time where the availability of physical gold and silver is becoming very limited.
We are adding more stock daily to the website, so please keep checking the website or using the stock notification feature for email alerts.
We have also been working hard on internal dispatch procedures and with delivery partners to enable us to resume dispatching orders safely. Operating a large-scale dispatch programme within the confines of a vault is challenging on a normal day, so you can appreciate that it is an even greater challenge in the current circumstances. I am pleased with the progress our team has made and we expect to soon be in a position to safely resume dispatching. When shipping does resume there will be a large backlog of orders which will take time to clear, so your continued patience is really appreciated.
Selling back to us
If you have your products in storage in London or Switzerland you can phone us to fix a price and sell as normal.
If you want to sell products either by post or in person we are unfortunately not yet able to accept sales orders. This difficult decision has been made as we feel it is important to focus our efforts on resuming dispatching orders first and the further operational challenges of processing incoming packages. We hope to able to resume postal sell backs soon. You can register your interest here and we will be in touch as soon we are able to process them safely and efficiently.
Many of our operations, including customer support, continue to work very effectively remotely. If you do have any questions regarding buying, or queries about existing orders, please feel free to get in touch. We will be more than happy to talk to you.
The website will remain open for orders 24 hours a day as normal. Our customer service team will be on hand to help you with any issues or to help place orders from 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. If you do have any issues, please email us on [email protected] , we will get back in touch as soon as possible.
I would like to thank all our customers for their patience and understanding during these testing times.
Founder & Managing Director
17/03/20 - Operational Update
Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the full impact of the Covid-19 coronavirus, we are experiencing extremely high demand. We want to reassure you that we are working hard to keep stock available to purchase.
The team have worked exceptionally hard to secure as much product as possible despite the huge increase in global demand and rapidly rising wholesale premiums. We are adding more stock regularly to the website as we secure more physical stock in UK vaults.
- In stock - Means we have physical stock vaulted in the UK at secure locations. For anything shown in stock on the website you can c hoose 'Free delivery when shipping resumes' for delivery when our regular service resumes or 'Secure storage' to have these products vaulted at Brink's in London or Loomis in Switzerland for VAT-free silver.
- Notify me - Use the notify me option for products you are interested in and we will email you when stock is available for purchase.
Due to market volatility and extremely strong demand trading hours may change at short notice. However, we will do our best to be open for orders 24 hours a day as normal. Our customer service team will be on hand to help you with any issues or to help place orders from 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Delivery - Paused
In light of the current situation our delivery partners are unable to guarantee that your parcel will be signed for at your address. They are choosing to do this to protect both their workforce and you by minimising contact during delivery.
As this may have an impact on your parcels insurance we have paused the dispatch of all orders from Tuesday 17th March 2020 onward until we are 100% confident that we are able to resume our secure and fully insured delivery service.
Please note that any orders placed with us will NOT be dispatched immediately, but instead held securely until we are able to resume shipping.
We are reviewing the situation on a daily basis and will keep customers updated as much as possible. Please check back for updates to this page. Furthermore, if you would to speak to an adviser please feel free to call us on 0121 369 3000 or reach out to us via email on [email protected]
As normal there is no statutory right to cancel an order once placed under the Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004. This is because the goods we supply are dependent on fluctuations in financial markets. Any cancellations will incur a £25 termination fee plus any adverse movement in the underlying metal prices.
Counter Service - Closed
Our regular counter service for buying and selling precious metals onsite is closed. As soon as we are able to resume this service we will update this page accordingly.
Selling Back to Us
- Selling from your storage account - If you have a storage account with us you can still sell back to us. Call us during office hours on 0121 369 3000 and we can fix your price and you will receive funds within 5 working days.
- Selling when posting your items to us - Unfortunately we are unable to accept new sell backs that require postage to us. This is due to the potential for the delay of parcels arriving with us, our ability to guarantee the price if deliveries are delayed, and limitations in being able to process any sell backs in a timely manner. We are taking a responsible approach to ensure we don’t over promise in these unprecedented circumstances.
- Selling in person - Due to the current situation our trade counter is closed for visitors until further notice. As soon as we are able to resume this service we will update this page accordingly.
- If you would like us to get in touch with you when our regular sell back service resumes, please email us on [email protected] and tell us what you are looking to sell and your contact details. You can also register your interest by filling out the form here - www.gold.co.uk/sell-to-us/.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on [email protected] Our team are on hand to assist as best they can, and will be able to provide updates on our service status as and when there are developments.
We are working extremely hard to continue to provide the excellent customer service that I and my team are so proud of. We are actively monitoring the situation and will continue to keep you updated.
Thank you for your understanding.
Founder and Managing Director